Machinery Corporation of Guyana Limited (MACORP) was founded in 1994 by GECOLSA a well known CATERPILLAR dealer in South America with operations in Colombia, Bahamas and some other countries with related businesses.
MACORP was established by being awarded by CATERPILLAR as the only Authorized Caterpillar Dealer in Guyana . The bid of MACORP was selected from several other Companies’ bids. Companies with long and proven experience as dealers of CATERPILLAR and other manufacturers’ product line of heavy equipment.
Through all its years of operation in Guyana, MACORP has been very active in the country’s development, contributing directly with technical support and equipment supply to the most important productive sectors – Mining, Agriculture, Road construction, basic industry, Marine, Forestry and Electric Power Generation.
Among the milestone facts executed by MACORP are:
- Supply and commissioning a 15MW solution within four weeks from the agreement execution date
- Supply and commissioning and operate a plant with 28MW of medium speed engines in the gold mining sector
- Being the first Company who finance customers in the mining sector
- Being the first company to bring the most advance equipment technologies like ACERT engines which meet Tier III or Stage III environmental regulations
- Being the dealer with the high value in equipment and parts inventory for immediate delivery in the country
- Being the only dealer to supply testing services of components with Hydraulic benches and dynameters with a capacity up to 2.000 HP